Monday, August 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Pok Pok

CURRENT MUSIC: PROMISCUOUS by NELLY FURTADO

Before I start with what I intend to write in this entry, I just want to share with you my viewpoint on a certain issue.

If you have been taking public transport to the airport recently, you would realise that everytime before the buses can go into T1 and T2 they will actually be halted by a policeman at a security checkpoint. The policeman then makes his way up the bus, walks right down to the rear, in the process looking left and right at regular intervals. Once he is convinced that the bus is not jeopardizing the security of the airport, he gives a thumps up and gets off the bus, finally allowing the bus to move on. This whole process takes on average about 2 minutes. Apparently this is one of the many measures taken by 'I dunno who' to enhance security in Changi Airport. But, if you ask me, I seriously think this is crap. I think the policemen will say the same thing too, it's just that they probably have to follow orders.

Come on, if I were a terrorist of some sort, would I make my bomb so visible for policemen to catch me? All they do is just walk up and down the bus and check for any suspicious article on the bus. They don't even check your bags in the first place, meaning, I can just hide my bomb or whatever dangerous crap inside my bag and the policeman can't even see it! So, may I ask, are the security guardposts leading to the bus interchanges a necessity? I think they should just scrape this crap idea and move on. Since it's not necessary, why even install a guardpost there in the first place? It's funny to even think of it. If you want to do a check, do a thorough one, agree? Sometimes, I really wonder how the policemen working there feel about this. Do they ever think of themselves like some stupid fool checking the buses for litter? I'm sorry if I'm insensitive but I'm not against them in any case. That's all I got to say.

Sunday afternoon is never a good day to hang out. That's because you gotta squeeze with all the other Filipino maids in public transports like MRT and buses while on your way to the destination. I remember yesterday as the MRT passed Paya Lebar, a swarm of Filipinas just came storming into the train, there were at least 20 of them I swear, and the train was so packed. It was literally Filipino land. Apparently the huge influx of maids was caused by the location of City Plaza (a hotspot for those maids), which was situated near Paya Lebar and that's why there were so many of them.

I watched 'The Break-Up' with Henry and the twins at Marina Sq that afternoon. The movie is pretty much average. But Vince Vaughn was hilarious and Jennifer was still pretty although she is fast approaching 40. Yeah. It's really normal and there's really nothing spectacular about the show. I wonder if we should have watched 'My Super Ex-GF' instead. But 'Click' would have definitely beaten these two movies by a thousand miles. Haha.

Attended Pok's birthday function in the evening at the expense of Terence's farewell dinner (I'm really sorry, how I'd wish it didn't clash). It wasn't as HAPPENING as I had expected haha. The food...eh I would have prefered Chinese food but the food last night was fine :) But it was really kinda weird as Pok didn't go with the conventional cake-cutting. Instead, she claimed that cup-cakes were the IN thing right now and that was exactly what she planned. Haha, 1 cup-cake for each person. The icing on the cup-cake was horribly sweet and for a moment I tot I would get diabetes. But for me it was just great to see my classmates again. Especially Anthea, Jacq and the never-changing Meiqi! I finally knew where Anthea was studying and it was good to see her doing fine. Megastar Rebecca arrived late because of her President Star Charity's rehearsal, but she was still acting cranky as always haha...Hopefully I will grab hold of some of the photos taken yesterday..that's provided Becks ever come online. Haha.

(: HAPPY BIRTHDAY POK! :)

hope you liked the Mango outfit and the Aldo necklace shared among us...

3 comments:

rong said...

haha, u still remembered 'pok pok' this name! anyway thanks dude for coming and i love the gifts =D

rong said...

and cupcakes ARE IN K! only me and becks understand this FACT! omg!

Clement said...

haha of cos i remember 'pok pok' this name! too special to forget haha!