Sunday, September 03, 2006

The Thing About Clubbing

CURRENT MUSIC: BRIGHT LIGHTS by MATCHBOX 20

I've been thinking long and hard about how I should go about writing this entry. I still do not know how I should start, so I'll just write whatever comes to my mind. Here it goes..

Just last night I had another clubbing experience as I visited Gotham Penthouse. Apparently they were having some NUS bash there, and Hian Liang managed to grab some tickets from his friends and stuff so I told Hian liang I didn't mind checking it out. We asked Henry too and he agreed so reluctantly to tag along haha. It was a rather boring night to say the least, not what I had expected definitely. The place was freaking small and there was hardly any room to explore. Sad to say, I thought their toilets were the nicest thing around. In actual fact, I saw alot of people I knew during my VS and VJ days but they were just mere acquaintances and I din felt like saying hi to them so in the end I didn't.

There were lots of pretty girls around, most of them walking around only with a piece of cloth wrapped around them, either promoting beer or tequila shots. Up till now I still can't believe 3 of us got fleeced by these two stupid girls who kept bothering us and kept insisting us to be brave and down 1 tequila shot each. It's not about being brave or not havin enough guts to drink, but we knew they had ulterior motives and stuff so as tough as we tried to resist, they eventually fed each of us with 1 shot each. We are some fucking dumbasses to have succumbed, in the end, the gals gladly told us to pay 8 bucks for each shot. To make matters even worse, they shortchanged me! Claiming they didn't have enough change to return me. Blardy sluts! I wish you get raped someday seriously..I don't give a shit whether you are a FHM or SNAG cover girl...the fact that you robbed me of my money, you deserve to die!! Guess the breakdown of the 8 bucks will be: 1 dollar for the shot + 7 bucks for the feeding service by the girls. Haha..

After yesterday night, I will gladly say that, in my opinion, clubbing is a total waste of money and time. It increases your risk of contracting lung disease too, because of the fact that you inadvertently inhale smoke around you in the clubs. To conclude, don't go clubbing unless you have other intentions.

Why do people want to go clubbing? For guys, I get it because they want to get to know more girls and hopefully be able to pick some pretty chick on the dance floor and stuffs. It is such a sad case beacuase to me, when I think of clubbing, words like 'lust', 'sex', 'temptation' naturally come to my mind too..It's hard to not think that when you go club you are actually seeking for lust. I'm a guy too, so I understand if guys do want to club. But how about girls? WHY WHY WHY do they want to club?

Do they, like guys, hope to meet some hot hunk and maybe hit it off from there? Or do they seek the 'highness' that is derived from drinking alcohol and dancing to the club music? Why do a minority of girls want to stoop so low to sell themselves for the sake of money? Don't they think it's a very unglorious(As Henry always says it) act? Just take last night for example, there was this other woman who fuckin hell tried so hard to make me buy some beer so that she could earn some commission. She touched my arms here and there, pleading with me whiningly, and at one point even rested her head on my shoulder like I'm her boyfriend or some sort. Fuck you la! No matter wad you do I'm not gonna buy your beer can, I'm not like any other Caucasian who would normally give in once the girl pulls in some tactics to persuade you to buy. But thanks for the effort though, I loved that short feelin haha! (Comon, I'm a man too! Haha) 30 minutes later, I saw the same girl dancing with these two other guys and brushing her whole body against those guys. Disgusting, and I was totally turned off by that act. So.. Do these women think it's really fine to earn quick bucks by doing these things? I dunno man.. Girls who are frequent party animals..aren't they worried about the tremendous risk of getting drunk and subsequently being taken advantage of? Hmm...

To be honest with you, I'll be very worried if my girlfriend loves to club week in week out. I will seriously feel uneasy that she is hanging around at these kind of places and mixing with alot of other guys whose background is shrouded in anonymity. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that clubs are a decadent place to be in, but why waste huge amounts of money just to get yourself 'high', or wasted, and next morning waking up to feel a sharp pain in your head?

Just my two cents worth on clubbing as a hobby..or wadever..

Here are some pictures taken yesterday night:




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i dunno you pple lah...everytime u all like say reluctant, hate clubbing, waste of time etc all sorts of reasons NOT to go clubbing, in the end u all still go, once in a while is ALSO considered going lor! if you dun like ur gf to club then set an example. join me, the Total Showdown with the Clubbing Scene Club. Save your souls now, don't tarnish it before you stop.

Clement said...

WOW. relax lah shermanator! I shall proclaim you president of the anti-clubbing extremists!